So to live a content, happy and fulfilled life, we mainly want to feel emotions such as compassion, acceptance, love, gratitude, peace, enthusiasm, motivation, positivity, empowerment, forgiveness and hope.
But sometimes we can’t help but lose ourselves to the lower energy emotions such as fear, anxiety, disappointment, anger, frustration, pessimism, shame, sadness and bitterness.
It is normal, it is life, often driven by our egos, by past experiences, by attachments to possessions and people and a constant barrage of gloomy news and media driven expectations.
If we have a desire and have an intention to spend more time living the higher energy positive emotions, we can use relaxation, meditation and visualisation to help us achieve this:
- Find a quiet place to sit or lie down, listening to some relaxing music and close your eyes
- Take some nice deep breaths, allowing your body to relax with every outbreath.
- Get a sense of what emotion it is you are feeling and whether you feel it in your head or anywhere else in your body.
- Breathe into that area, and imagine you are letting it go, it is softening and releasing.
- Use your intention to release the feeling, and on every outbreath notice it moving and letting go, see it leaving your body from wherever feels appropriate.
- Sometimes it is helpful to imagine a jug of liquid gold light pouring into the top of your head and as it travels down your body it heals, moves and helps the negative feelings on their way – out of your body.
- When that feels better, as you breathe in, draw in the positive feelings you want to experience. Say the positive emotions to yourself and keep breathing them in, allowing the feelings to fill your entire body.
- Repeat for as long as you need, imagining the colours associated with those feelings and allow those colours to fill all your cells.
- Enjoy the new feelings and make an intention to do this any time you need to change the way you feel.
- When you are ready, take some awakening breaths and return slowly to the room and your day.
Have a happy day! Until next time.
lots of love
This is wonderful Nicky, thank you ***
Bless you! xx
Pingback: How many parts of us lay dormant for maybe years to be one day awaken? | bluepearlgirl's world